Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tent Makers


We have a new gallery in the little town where we live and today when I went in I found these beautiful hand made quilts, made with appliqué work. I didn't have my camera so I have taken these photo's from the website.
They are made by the 'tent makers' of Old Cairo. 
if you scroll down through the photo's and click on the link it will take you to the page where information about this work is written. The photo's really don't do them justice, the work is amazing in the 'flesh' and brings a whole new dimension to camping!









3 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh how cool to have all that come to town!

Annabelle said...

Wow - what an amazing display.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I live in quilt country and I never saw quilts like these. They are so uniquely and beautifully created. True masterpieces!